INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC) GANJAM COLLEGE, GANJAM
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell is the internal cell of a higher educational institution to periodically assess and suggest measures to upgrade the quality of the institution in the overall performance as proposed by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) Bangalore. Ganjam College, Ganjam caters to the need of academic requirements of the students not only through insight filled classroom teaching but also by ensuring quality enhancement in every sphere of the institution and student’s life on the campus. To ensure continuous quality enhancement and sustenance in academic as well as administrative fields. Ganjam College, Ganjam has formed an IQAC. The cell is an immensely alert entity of Ganjam College that takes care to provide the best quality inputs on campus
Dr. Smaranika Hota, Coordinator, IQAC
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To get NAAC accreditation for the UG Programmes of English, Odia, History, Economics, Political Science Philosophy, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology & Commerce.
- To develop and adopt quality assurance mechanisms within the existing academic and administrative system.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND TEACHING–LEARNING PROCESS
- To organise a minimum of two pedagogical training programmes per year for new teaching faculty and for those who require additional training.
- To encourage Faculties to attend Workshop/Refresher Course/Seminar/Conferences etc.
- To encourage to publish at least 2 papers in reputed UGC journals
- To organise at least one common skill-development programme per year for the supporting staff
- To conduct academic audits for all programmes at least once a year
IQAC facilitates the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for particularly teaching and learning process. IQAC helps in the development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- The faculty members are encouraged to be a part of the Faculty Development Programmes.
- Examination reforms implemented.
- The faculty members are encouraged to organise conferences and seminars on a wide variety of topics to promote academic exposure amongst faculty and students.
- The cell ensures the maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- The quality of academic and research programmes are regularly updated to ensure academic relevance.
- Initiatives for Academic excellence.
- The institution is committed to inculcate a sense of social responsibility amongst its students through the activities implemented by NSS, YRC, NCC Units of the college.
- To organise at least one National Conference/Seminar department wise every year
- To conduct coaching classes for national level competitive exams like Railways, Defence, Banking, Teaching, OAS etc and to ensure that 2 students from each department clear the exams successfully
- To Periodically carryout extra-curricular activities through NCC, NSS, YRC and other Clubs
- To encourage Students to excel in Sports and other activities at the university and national level competitions
- To follow up on the construction of required Infrastructure.
- To form Budget committee, Construction Committee and conduct purchase approval meeting at regular intervals for carrying out budget utilization and infrastructure maintenance.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Composition of the IQAC
|1||Dr. Prabina Kumar Nanda||Principal, Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Smaranika Hota||Reader in english, Coordinator|
|3||Sri P. R. Prusty||Sub-Collector, Chatrapur, Member|
|4||Dr. P. K. Mohanty||Director, CDC, BU, Behampur, Member|
|5||Sri Simanchala Bholo||Administrative Bursar,Member|
|6||Sri Panchanan Padhy||Accounts Bursar, Member|
|7||Smt. Swarnaprabha Devi||Exam in-Charge, Member|
|8||Dr. Jyoshnamayee Panda||Reader in Chemistry, Member|
|9||Dr. Prurushottam Sahu||Coordinator, NAAC, Member|
|10||Sri Amar Prashad Bishoyee||Reader in Pol. Sc. , Member|
|11||Dr. Anita Ku. Panigrahi||Lect. In Comm. , Member|
|12||Dr. Durga Prashad Dash||Alumni, Member|
|13||Sri Govinda Panda||Educationist, Member|
|14||Sri Lokanath Mishra||ARUNA (NGO), Member|
|15||Sri R. K. Mohanty||DGM,Grasim Industries, Member|
|16||Sri M. Maharana||GM, OSL, Gopalpur Port, Member|
|17||Miss Mausumi Acharya||+3 2nd year Science , Member|
|18||Mr. Auro Ashis Moharana||+3 2nd year Science , Member|
A national Webninar was conducted on the 3rd of July, 2021 using the Google Meet platform. Prof. Govind J. Chakrapani, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Berhampur University, Berhampur, Odisha had graced the occasion as Chief Guest; Prof. Dr. Sukant Tripathy, Professor, P.G. Department of Physic was the Chief Speaker and Sri Dinamani Biswal, Senior Research Fellow, IIT, Tripati, Andhar Pradesh was the Keynote Speaker.Participants from all over Odisha as well as From different parts of india actively took part in the webinar. E-Certificates were provided to all the participants. Accessing and using various digital platforms for HigherEducation, both national as well as international, was discussed in the forum.