Mo College Abhijan Parichalana Sangathan (MCAPS), Ganjam College, Ganjam
About Mo College Abhijan Parichalana Sangathan (MCAPS)
Mo College Abhijan is a unique initiative of the Govt. of Odisha that aims at designing emotionally invested platforms to connect the alumni with the alma mater. It is conceived to connect the rich Odia Alumni Diaspora in the world & create building blocks for institutional development. In line with the invincible power of the 5T Action plan of Honourable Chief Minister of Odisha, Sj. Naveen Patnaik, the success of this program will be the outcome of productive technological intervention, integrated team effort & transparent processes that would be rolled out within a targeted timeline so as to unveil to the world, the larger canvas of transformation.
Mo College Abhijan was virtually launched by the Honourable Chief Minister of Odisha, Sri Naveen Patanaik on 21.03.2021 at 5 p.m.in the Convention Centre of Lokseva Bhavan, Bhubaneswar. As per the direction of the Principal Secretary, Govt. of Odisha, Ganjam College, Ganjam organized a function for the live streaming of the launch of Mo College Abhijan by the Hon’ble Chief Minister. Honourable M.L.A. of Chatrapur, Sri Subash Chandra Behera was invited as the Chief Guest to grace the occasion. The Principal, Dr. Prabina Kumar Nanda, Staff members, students, alumni and media reporters celebrated the occasion along with Hon’ble MLA.
College Level celebration of the launching of Mo College Abhijan portal by Hon’ble CM, Odisha – Principal & staff members with Hon’ble MLA, Chatrapur on 21.03.2022.
Ganjam College alumni with the Principal, staff members and students on the launching of Mo College portal on 21.03.2022.
A College Level Committee(CLC) has been constituted for the successful implementation of the tenets of Mo College Abhijan programme and coordinate the Alumni Association activities.
As per Letter No. OSWAS No. HE-SCH-Misc.0004/2021:4466/HE dt.28.01.20-21, Mo College Abhijan Activities, the following members are appointed/selected by the undersigned for the College Level Committee (CLC) of Mo College Abhijan, Ganjam College, Ganjam.
|SL. No.||Designation||Name & Contact No.|
|1||Chairperson||Dr. Prabina Kumar Nanda, Principal, 9861244599|
|2||Coordinator||Dr. Smaranika Hota, Reader in English, 9437568689|
|3||Senior Representatives||Dr. Jyosnamayee Panda, Reader in Chemistry, 9668487586
Sri Amar Prasad Bishoyi, Reader in Pol. Science, 9437166906
|4||Science Member||Sri Narottam Manna, Lecturer in Botany|
|5||Literature Member||Mamata Padhy, Reader in English|
|6||Alumni Members||Dr. Bijaya Kumar Sadangi, Professor & Head of Orthopedics, S.L.N. Medical College & Hospital,Koraput,Odisha
Sri Panchanan Padhy, Reader in Commerce, Ganjam College, Ganjam, 9937225852
Dr. Durga Prashad Dash, Lecturer in English, Ganjam College, Ganjam, 8456992218
“Mo College Abhijan” has been implemented in the college for providing a platform to enable willing alumni of Ganjam College, Ganjam contribute towards development of the alma mater. As per the instruction from MCAPS of Govt. of Odisha, a new Bank Account has been opened for Alumni contribution. The college has an active Alumni Association and its alumni are spread across the globe. The CLC is putting on concerted effort to connect to the alumni and rope them in for the development of the insituttion.
As per the direction of MCAPS, a new bank account has been opened for MCAPS funds. Alumni of the college have been coming forward in large numbers to register in the Mo College Abhijan portal and contribute to MCAPS funds of the college. At the same time, various interactive activities too are conducted bringing the alumni and U.G. students together.
With the sad demise of our distinguished alumnus Dr. Bijaya Kumar Sadangi, Professor and Head of Orthopedics, S.L.N. Medical College and Hospital, Koraput, Sri Amarjeet Behera, AGM, State Bank of India, BerhampurOdisha has been nominated as Alumni member of the College Level Commottee (CLC).
Objectives of Mo College Abhijan:
- To connect the alumni with the Alma Mater for the betterment of the college eco-system.
- To invite the alumni to the college to interact with the students, faculty and staff and share their life lessons, success stories and experience in order to inspire and motivate others.
- To provide a platform to the alumni to offer voluntary service for the all-round development of the college eco-system. For example, a doctor may be invited to conduct a health camp; an NGO representative may take the students to its operational area and make them aware of ground realities; a technocrat may be contacted to take the students to visit the industrial area etc.
- To receive donations, if any, in the form of cash/cheque/electronic transfer or in the shape of material from the alumni and utilize the same for the development of the college.
- Similar voluntary services/donations may be availed from non-alumni philanthropists, Charitable organizations, group of persons, institutions etc.
- To conduct and organize activities like Knowledge Sharing, Sports Events, Cultural Events, Social Projects, Career Counselling and Placement Assistance etc. for the students by involving the alumni.